Donna Fraser is a 4x Olympian and former 400m sprinter for Great Britain, with a successful athletics career which spanned over 20 years and has a host of European, Commonwealth and World medals.
Donna, unfortunately, retired in 2009 due to being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She was recognised with the Freedom of the Borough of Croydon in 2018 for services to sport and continues to be enthused to help inspire a generation through education by ‘giving back’ and sharing her knowledge and experience with young people aspiring to achieve their goals.
Donna continues to be active and spends much of her time ‘giving back’ to the community she served as a Team GB athlete, including:
- Television/media appearances (including Total Wipeout, Sky Sports News, CNN, BBC Radio; 5 Live, BBC London)
- Motivational Speaking - corporate business, universities and schools across the UK • Corporate Health and Well Being Expert
- Sport Honours Committee member
- Cabinet Office Diversity & Inclusion Group
- Breast Cancer Now Ambassador
- Support Sport Through Sport Patron
- London Marathon Charitable Trust Trustee
- Women’s Sports Trust Trustee
- Former 'The Olympians’ Committee Member
- Former Trustee for Sussex Cricket Foundation
Donna is now an international speaker, strategist, and charity ambassador, and dedicates much of her time to working in Business, Sport, and the charity sector to inspire and embed inclusive and diverse cultures.
In 2021 she was awarded an OBE for services to equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and has served as a Trustee, advisor and Board member for multiple organisations such as the London Marathon Charitable Trust, Women’s Sports Trust, British Athletes Commission, International Women’s Group and Her Spirit to name a few.
"Donna was amazing. She captivated the audience and held the interest of both the children and their parents. Highly inspirational and such a normal person for all her successes, she didn't mind how many photos she was asked to pose for. I would both use her again and recommend her."
Advance Tutorial College Prize Giving Evening
"I can only say that we were blessed to have her with us! She was lovely throughout, from before she arrived on the phone with all of us, when she was with us before the Prize Giving ceremony, during and afterwards. She is such a lovely person and made every comfortable and the girls were just so excited to meet her. Everyone loved her."
Donna gave a speech and presented prizes at Manor House School, Bookham